- This event has passed.
Awakening to our Whiteness /Embodying Radical Responsibility.
October 20, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join us in collaboration with People Development Limited https://www.pdltd.net for the fourth series, Awakening to our Whiteness /Embodying Radical Responsibility.
As you know racism is deeply embedded in our society and in the very fabric of our beings. How can we white folks uncover our racial biases? How can we white folks explore the ways we uphold white privilege, white supremacy and the status quo? How can we white folks take responsibility in grappling and reckoning with the manifestations of racism in ourselves, families, communities, workplaces, organizations? And importantly how can we white folks commit to action for sustainable change?
The workshop is an invitation to other white-bodied folks to join us as we dive deep into the work of transforming racism from the inside out.
In this series we will:
- explore, unpack, and work to change our embedded racial patterns using critical self-reflection and the heart-centered practices of Compassionate Listening;
- deepen our understanding of the historical, economic, political context of white supremacy
- practice interrupting racism while coaching one another;
- learn how to work with our triggers by building stamina, resilience and capacity to stay with discomfort;
- strive to move from shame and guilt to responsibility and solidarity;
- explore how to hold ourselves accountable, work to repair harm, act in solidarity and build authentic relationships to and with our BIPOC (Black, indigenous, people of colour) brothers and sisters;
- commit to working towards transformative justice and sustainable action
If you’re a white person new to anti-racism work or already experienced in anti-racism work and wish to explore a creative, participatory and heart-centered approach- this course may be just for you.
We will meet on Zoom for six consecutive Wednesdays starting October 20th, 2021 and ending November 24th, 2021. 5:00 to 7pm EST. Cost $175. A percentage of funds will be donated to Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC) programs/movements. We are also offering a sliding scale for those who need financial assistance.